Your African Veterinary experience that will change you and your skill set forever. We offer Conservation Medicine, Chemical Immobilization and Internship Courses for the adventurous Vet and Vet Student!
- Applied physiology, pharmacology and drugs used in wildlife;
- Various techniques and capture methods for different species;
- Principles of Conservation Medicine and Practical implementation methods;
- Diseases of wildlife and implications at the interface, and adaptive management strategies;
- The structure of conservation and veterinary services in Southern Africa;
- The principles of sustainable utilization, culling, hunting and wildlife production;
- Wildlife products, black markets and CITES;
- The roles of Animal Rehabilitation Centres and Zoos;
- Animal rights organizations, their role and perceived threats;
- The management of system health vs. individual animal medicine, incorporating
veterinary medicine & public health;
- Global assets and authorities;
- The role of a veterinarian in the team against planetary threats;
- Research protocol preparation, data collection and data capture.
$3500.00 USD. All fees must be paid in full before the specific course commences. Reservations are based on first come, first serve basis. $50.00 US surcharge per vegetarian, per course. Vegans need not apply as our facilities can simply not prepare meals for vegans as the vegan dietary requirements are beyond our abilities. We are remotely located and our suppliers do not stock all the necessary meal replacements a vegan diet would require.
Pick up and drop off at Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) OR City Bug bus stop in Nelspruit;
Accommodation and meals at Source Tree Lodge;
All equipment and drugs used during the course;
Transportation to and from captures, callouts and outings;
Gate and entrance fees at Parks and institutions;
All accommodation and food costs should it be necessary to sleep away during the course;
A comprehensive set of digital notes;
Course completion certificate.
Airfares: Participants will need to fly to Johannesburg International Airport, and then either take a connecting flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA), or a City Bug shuttle bus to Nelspruit, Mpumalanga. Participants will be transported to Source Tree Lodge either from KMIA, or the City Bug bus stop in Nelspruit, on the specified arrival and departure days of courses. Should a participant arrive on an unscheduled day, he/she will be liable for an additional cash transfer fee of R100.00 p/person p/trip.
Bar tab: Soft drinks, bottled water and alcoholic beverages from the bar will be for your own account.
Telephone calls will be charged to your bar tab.
Internet access: Facilities are provided but will be charged to your bar tab.
Terms & Conditions
No previous wildlife experience is necessary;
Applicants must have a high level of mental and physical fitness;
Medical and evacuation insurance;
Must be prepared to stay in basic accommodation in the field if needs be;
Understand that Source Tree Lodge is remotely situated;
Wildlifevets.com and Source Tree (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to refuse access to the lodge and practice based on inadequate payment or inappropriate behavior.